Night Furbearer & Varmint Shoot Rules:
Registration starts at 6:30 pm
A. Expert Class - 44 and up
1st Class - 36 - 43.99
2nd Class - 28 - 35.99
3rd Class - 0 - 27.99
. 4th Class - First time shooters will be placed in Class 4 until they shoot 3 matches. After 3 matches they will be moved to the appropriate class immediately.
2. Junior Class
A. Junior Class - Age 12 through 14
B. All Junior Class Shooters must be under the supervision of an adult while shooting.
3. Rules that apply to all shooters:
A. Manually operated rifles in the following calibers only:
.17 HMR .22 Hornet .222 Rem.
.17 Mach 2 .22 K-Hornet
.22 Rimfires .218 Bee
.22 Magnum .25-20
.32-20 .221 Fireball
.5MM Rimfire & Centerfire
B. Shooters will shoot 5 shots at targets consisting of varmint type animal patterns.
C. Shooters have 90 seconds to get all 5 shots completed.
D. No night vision binoculars, goggles, scopes or lights of any kind.
E. Red dot scopes and lighted crosshairs are allowed.
F. No laser projected scopes or sights that cast a beam.
G. All shooting must be "Free Handed". Slings are allowed to tighten in arm only No slings, straps or other devices wrapped around any part of the body on
shooter other than sling in arm "military style".
H. No "palm rests" of .any kind or other support.
I. Scopes will be limited to a maximum of 24 power with a 50 mm objective bell.
J. No double triggers or any kind of set triggers allowed.
K. Prizes will be money.
L. Shooter must shoot the same gun in both rounds.
M. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions please contact a member of the Running Deer Committee.
N. The Running Deer Committee reserves the right to check and reject any gun or shooter for breaking any of the rules
or unsafe gun handling.
Rifle Range Rules
1. Shooting time is 8:00 AM till dusk every day.
2. All shooting must be done within the confines of the backstops.
3. All guns will be loaded while pointed down range.
4. No targets may be checked until all guns are unloaded and actions open.
5. Only club members in good standing may use this facility. Guests or non-members are not permitted to use the range. A guest or non-member must be accompanied by a member in good
6. A member may have one guest/non-member to observe but he/she is not permitted to use the range.
7. Any member in good standing that has a guest present, the member is responsible for the guest's actions.
8. The area will be policed and shooters shall remove all brass, trash and targets when finished.
9. No alcohol or drugs, as defined by law, will be allowed on premises.
10. No random shooting. All shooting shall be confined to the targets displayed on specified frames.
11. Fully automatic weapons are not permitted.
12. Only six (6) shot maximum clip.
13. Shooters must have at least a 3 second interval between shoots.
14. No human silhouette targets.
15. No shooting cans, bottles etc. on range or other destructive devices.
16. All shooters must be considerate of other shooters.
17. Shotguns with slugs may use the rifle range. Any shotgun that needs patterned will be shot in target area beside the red blockhouse.
18. If more than on shooter is using the range those shooters will establish a range officer to coordinate shooting and posting targets.
19. No shooting at the 200 yard area. (This is only used for the Running Deer Shoots.)
Block Shoot Rules
Registration starts at 6:00pm
1. Maximum barrel length is 36 inches
2. All loading and unloading of guns will be done with the muzzle of the barrel out the window.
3. When the "RED LIGHT" is on, DO NOT SHOOT and unload your gun.
4. Registration will start at 6.00 and the shoot will start at 6:30 sharp
5. All cards will be judged from outside of the closes BB hole to the center of the center "X".
6. Only 12 gauge guns will be used. The club will supply all the shells. They will be Estate loads, NO. 8 shot.
7. In the meat rounds all ties will be broken by using the tiebreaker "X".
9. Use of Alcohol or drugs are strictly prohibited. Anyone under the influence of either will be asked to leave and will forfeit all registration fees.
10. Anyone caught cheating will be asked to leave and will forfeit all registration fees.
11. All judging is final.
12. Sandbags will be furnished by the club. No personnel sandbags will be allowed.
Running Deer Rules: (revised Jan. 2003)
Registration starts at 11:00 am
1. The Scoped Classes are as follows:
Expert - 53 and above average points
Class 1 - 43 to 52 average points
Class 2 - 33 to 42 average points
Class 3 - 32 and below average points
Class 4 - New Shooters
2. Junior Class
A. Junior Class - Age 12 through 14
B. Junior Class Shooter leaving Junior Class will automatically be put into the appropriate Class which his/her average reflects.
(*Note to remind sign up person when registering.)
C. All Junior Class Shooters must be under the supervision of an adult.
3. Open Sight Class
A. Any Shooter with open sights or peep sights can shoot this class regardless of scope class. All shooters are in the same class.
B. Open sight shooters with a scope on the rifle must have scope covers or the scope "flipped to side" or they will be disqualified for the entire day and
receive no refund of registration fees.
C. No laser or magnification devices allowed.
4. Rules that apply to all shooters:
A. The running deer/bear target will not stop for jammed guns, bad shells or for not getting all four (4) shots off in the required area.
(*Note: Except for Junior Class Shooters)
B. Only manually operated rifles legal for PA big game allowed. (No semi-automatic rifles)
C. No slug guns allowed
D. No pistols allowed
E. All first time adult shooters will be put in Class 4 until they can be classified. (Takes 3 shoots to be classified)
F. After the last shoot of the year, all shooters will be classified for the next year using their total score. Once classified the shooter will shoot that Class
for the entire year.
G. A Shooter will shoot four (4) shots each round A, B & C of the running deer/bear.
H. No shooting before or after the fluorescent orange posts or your highest point on that target will be taken away.
I. Sign up time is no later than 1:00 pm on day of shoot or upon the completion of Round A, which ever comes first.
(*Note: 120 shooters maximum)
J. Shooters who must leave before the shoot is over may shoot out with the running deer committee/workers. You must be present before 9:30 am.
K. A shooter must shoot three (3) times to be classified (subject to change)
L. A shooter must shoot four (4) times in winter shoots to be eligible for the trophies. (subject to change)
M. Shooters must be off the porch on the concrete regardless of the weather.
N. Only the shooter and the on deck shooter allowed outside the club house while the shoot is in progress, please.
O. All prizes will be meat prizes on the Running Deer Shoot.
P. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions please see a member of the Running Deer Committee.
Q. If a shoot is cancelled while in progress, the shoot will be made up the following Saturday. If the shoot cannot be made up all scores will be forfeited.
R. If a shoot is cancelled because of weather and no one shoots, that shoot is dropped from the schedule.
S. Shooters must shoot/use the same gun in all three (3) rounds (A, B & C)
T. All shooting must be "Free Handed". Slings are allowed to tighten in arm only
No slings, straps or other devices wrapped around any part of the body on shooter other than sling in arm "military style".
U. No "palm rests" of .any kind or other support.
V. Scopes will be limited to a maximum of 24 power with a 50 mm objective bell.
W. No double triggers or any kind of set triggers allowed.
X. The Running Deer Committee reserves the right to check and reject any gun or shooter for breaking any of the rules or unsafe gun handling.
Y. A shooter will not drop in Class unless his/her average is down for two (2) years.
Z. A shooter has 90 seconds to get shots completed on the 100 yard standing target. At the end of 90 seconds the target will be pulled in.
200 Yard Rules:
A. The shooter will shoot five (5) shots each round.
B. No pistols
C. No slug guns
D. Only manually operated center fire rifles legal for PA big game allowed.
E. The shooter must shoot in the same class as Running Deer.
F. Must shoot four (4) times to be eligible for trophies (subject to change)
G. All prizes will be cash. (approx. 50% of take in the individual class)
H. Only the shooter and the on deck shooter allowed outside the club house while shoot is in progress, please.
I. Shooter has two (2) minutes to get five (5) completed. At the end of two (2) minutes the target will be pulled in. If the shooter shoots when the target is
being pulled in the highest score will be taken off his/her total score.
1. Members only
2. No swimming, boating , or wading
3. No ice fishing or skating
4. No alcoholic beverages
5. Five fish daily limit ( Trout only )
6. No catch and release ( Trout only), Keep all trout that you catch.
7. A current PA fishing license is required
8. All current PA fishing laws apply.